We are looking for an experienced Safety & Injury Management Coordinator, to provide effective workplace health and safety management across Nulsen.
Safety & Injury Management Coordinator
Cannington, Perth ID: SIM0
Reporting to the Risk Manager, this role provides specialist advice and co-ordinates the development and delivery of a wide range of occupational health and safety, injury management and employee wellbeing programs and initiatives.
The purpose of this position is to provide effective workplace health and safety management across Nulsen Group. You will work with and support Nulsen’s Executive and Leadership Teams to be proactive in and oversee all aspects of workplace health and safety, and associated programs, including injury management.
- Develop and maintain Nulsen’s Safety Management System and all associated documentation, including identifying and assessing risks and developing controls to minimise risks
- Prepare reports, records, statistics and other documentation as required, to ensure the provision and maintenance of necessary information and record systems for Nulsen.
- Undertake ongoing review and enhancement of Workplace Health and Safety Policies, procedures and guidelines
- Oversee the provision of all workplace health & safety and risk management education, training and development, to relevant internal and external stakeholders, and staff at Nulsen.
- Ensure that all accidents/incidents reported are investigated in a timely manner, and that appropriate corrective action is taken; whilst ensuring supporting documentation and relevant reports are completed (to external or internal stakeholders as required).
- Coordinate claims, treatments and work programs to support employees through programs such as workers’ compensation and rehabilitation; whilst liaising with management and internal departments on claims progress.
- Experience in a senior safety related role within a service delivery environment
- An appropriate qualification in workplace health and safety management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to develop and maintain effective relationships, work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner, be able to influence culture and decision making
- Strong analysis, project management and report writing skills
- Sound organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects to meet deadlines
- Experience in delivering training to staff in environment, health and safety risk identification, reduction and management
- Safety Representative training and experience
- Previous experience in a safety role within the disability or human services sector
For more information please contact Daniel Reid, Risk Manager on 0437 316 138.
How to apply:
Submit your CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria under ‘Job Requirements’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised we will proceed with interviews prior to the closing date.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 5th July, 2019