We are currently looking for a number of Residential Service Managers (RSM). As a RSM you will make sure that the day to day needs of Nulsen residents are met by leading a team of support workers, providing hands on care and being the link between the residents, families, health professionals and the office.
Residential Service Manager
Perth Metropolitan Area ID: RSM0
Reporting to the Area Manager, supported by a team of staff covering shifts, the RSM will also be responsible for ensuring the home runs efficiently, whilst mentoring staff and developing relationships.
What we like:
Ideally our new RSM will be committed to making a better life for people with disabilities. You must be willing to work hands on and are able to work flexible hours to fit in with the needs of residents and staff.
Being able to work with a variety of people, both inside and outside of Nulsen, is also a big part of the job. You will maintain regular contact with family members when they visit and call the home. As there’s a lot on, being organised and able to juggle priorities is important.
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience with working with people with complex disabilities
- A steady, calm personality and a “do with” rather than a “do for” attitude
- A certificate IV in Disability or higher or certificate IV in Community Sector Management, and at least one years’ experience in a similar role is desirable
- Experience in implementing positive behaviour support plans and communication support interventions
- Outstanding leadership and management skills, including computer literacy skills
- Able to work closely with family and external agency
- To be able to lead a team of support workers in a one on one environment to provide outstanding support to residents and families
- Skills and courage to solve problems and resolve conflict
- Great communication skills so you can develop positive relationships with people and build social networks
- Full work rights in Australia or at least 12 months validity on your VISA
- A National Police Clearance less than three months old clear from any convictions or willing to obtain
- Australian Driver’s license
- A Current First Aid Certificate including CPR or willing to obtain
- A Valid Working With Children Check or willing to obtain
What we give back:
While you’re nurturing the people we support, Nulsen will nurture you. We offer support workers:
- Great salary packaging options
- Up to 9 weeks of leave per year, pro rata
- Excellent career progression opportunities to senior roles and management
- Fantastic salary packaging,
- Constant on-the-job training that gives you new skills to make a positive contribution to people’s lives.
If you require further information, please contact Vicki Bosworth, Area Manager on 0438 148 324.
Applications close: 9am, Thursday 14th February 2019
*Please note, we may proceed with interviews prior to closing date.