As part of its commitment to supporting CoS (Commonwealth Continuity of Support) clients the Australian Government is ensuring that clients wanting support to grocery shop have priority access to home delivery services.
From Tuesday 14 April 2020 CoS clients can use an Aged Care identification number to purchase grocery items online or by phone, for delivery to your home from participating major supermarket chains, wherever they offer home delivery services (e.g. Coles, Woolworths and IGA).
To obtain your individual code CoS clients must contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to register.
You will not be assessed for aged care services during this call. The Contact Centre will only collect some basic information to generate an Aged Care identification number, which can then be used to receive priority access to home delivery services
Contacting My Aged Care does not mean you are now part of the aged care system. CoS clients will continue to be a CoS client and receive CoS services and supports.
To access priority home delivery services:
- Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 (Freecall*).
- Tell the operator you are a CoS client.
- Answer some basic questions.
- You will be given a Aged Care identification number which can be entered as a priority home delivery code.
- Complete your shopping online or by phone for home delivery with the participating supermarket retailers listed above.
- When prompted enter your Aged Care identification number as the priority home delivery code.
- Submit your order.
The My Aged Care Contact Centre is open:
- Monday to Friday: 8am – 8pm; Saturdays: 10am – 2pm and Closed on Sundays and national public holidays.