Support to people with a range of disabilities which includes intellectual, physical and acquired brain injuries

Feedback and Complaints

At Nulsen Disability Services, your feedback is important as it helps us to know what we are doing well, and what we need to improve. We especially welcome feedback from service users and their families. These guidelines explain how service users, their families, friends, staff, advocates and people in the community, can give us their feedback or lodge a complaint.

Service users and their families, are welcome to ask a friend, family member, advocate or one of our employees for help.


There are a number of options from which you can choose to provide your feedback:

  • Tell one of our employees at the home or at the office
  • Phone Nulsen reception on (08) 6253 4700
  • Complete the written feedback form provided in the brochure
  • Complete the online feedback form below
  • Email us at

Service users or family members can also provide us with feedback via:

  • The Family Satisfaction survey
  • An informal catch-up with our chief executive officer, Gordon Trewern, or executive director operations, Caroline Watt
  • Contacting their area manager or residential service manager


The people we support have the right to make a complaint. We would like service users, their families and others, to feel comfortable about making a complaint. We aim to deal with complaints promptly and fairly.

If you wish to express your dissatisfaction with our services, or the complaints handling process itself, you can:

  • Lodge your complaint in person at Nulsen head office
  • Phone Nulsen reception where you will be redirected to the appropriate person
  • Email us at
  • Write to the manager, organisational development and evaluation
  • Complete the online feedback form below

Step 1:

If your complaint is of a specific nature please refer to the following steps:

  • For concerns relating to an accommodation service, please contact the support worker or the residential service manager
    For concerns relating to our health services, please contact the health professional
    For concerns relating to shared management or other community-based services, please contact our manager of NDIS strategy
  • We will support you and your family member to seek a second opinion before moving to step two.

Step 2:

If you are not satisfied with the outcome from step one, you can lodge a formal complaint with a senior manager by contacting Nulsen head office.
The senior manager will guide you on the best way to lodge your complaint and will act as your complaint co-ordinator.

  • For concerns relating to accommodation services, please contact the area manager
    For concerns relating to health services, please contact the director of health services
    For concerns related to shared management and other community services, please contact the manager of NDIS strategy

Step 3:

If you are not satisfied with the outcome from step two, the executive director operations will make an appointment with you to review your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this review, you can request that the matter be reviewed by the chief executive officer, who may consider appointing an external mediator or suggest an external support agency.

External Support

If we have not resolved the matter to your satisfaction, you may wish to contact one of the organisations listed on the brochure below.

Click here to download the a PDF version of the Nulsen Feedback Form.

Feedback Form